Safety is our top priority at Lewicki Transportation Co. Inc. Our safety policy includes:
- Every Lewicki vehicle meets or exceeds all vehicle safety standards and is in full compliance with the D250 specifications on bus safety.
- All of our vehicles are Ministry of Transportation (MOT) safety approved every six months.
- We exceed Ontario insurance requirements. In the event that higher coverage is required, we will authorize our insurance company to have your organization named additional insureds at no additional cost. Our policy covers third-party liability, occupant liability, and property damage. Proof of this coverage is available on request.
- We are equipped with our own two-way radio frequency. We even have our very own tower to service the Greater Metropolitan Toronto area and provide you with excellence in safety.
- We adhere strictly to the Ontario Highway Traffic Act and US Federal Hours of Service regulations.
- Drivers are required to complete a thorough circle check of their vehicle every day.
- Our maintenance crew clean and inspect our vehicles on a daily basis and complete detailed weekly reports.
- We carry out thorough background checks on all our drivers, including license and criminal record checks.
- We require our drivers to have a proven record of experience as a professional driver.
- We have a strict policy of pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing for all drivers.
- We conduct initial and ongoing driver training programs.